Consider establishing a trust to protect you and your spouse in case of a long illness. This will allow you to appoint an executor to handle your estate according to your wishes. In addition, it could prevent the loss of your savings to the rising costs of long-term care.
Have the following information available for your family:
- Cemetery deed and location
- List of pre-arranged services
- Cremation authorization
- Copy of service discharge if you are a veteran
- Copy of trust agreement
- List of savings accounts
- List of deeds, titles, stocks, mortgages, etc.
- Health insurance information
- List of insurance policies and beneficiaries
- The name of the executor of your estate
- If you remarry or change your beneficierary, contact Jim Ennis, President of Local 280 at (315) 475-0766.
Return to the Syracuse Retired Firefighters Benefits page.